Tech Envy

Have I mentioned that I suffer from this before?
It seems like a recurring theme, and it's definitely time to do something about it.

My good friend sent me some links the other day--nothing too out there, just personal hover vehicles, jet packs, little household robots (WANT) and the like.
Okay, I have a weakness for robots. I'd still like a ROOMBA or whatever they called those little vaccuum disks. I don't care if they clean properly, I just want it to run around and make robot noises.

Of course, I'd have to modify it with some wicked looking attachments and blinking lights...but, I digress.

Anyway, the thing that really got to me was the "wearable tech." Understand of course, that up until this point Ive never had much interest in cybernetics from a fictional standpoint. But she sent me this link, and wow. Sunglasses with holo-type displays, jackets with built in tech (I've always thought we should have tech clothing by now, I mean denim is great, but its 2010 folks) and the thing that made me really swoon, wearable cell phones.

Or to be accurate, communicators. Really, calling what we use now phones is something of a slur if you remember the ol' rotary dial monsters like some of us fogey's do.

They had cell phone bracelets, cell phone jewelry, cell phones built into your glasses--not clunky ugly things either, these were lovely, high tech fashion. . .

SIGH!

So I looked at my ancient flip phone, without a keyboard or even a (shudder) camera in it and cringed. It's time to bite the bullet and get a new phone. I'd like that one they call Android, but I may have to settle for a smaller step up.
Still....Android--pretty cool name.

It may not be a hover car, but it's a start.
And maybe the new phone will take that bloody Star Trek Mp3 I've been trying to download for three years. You know the one. It makes THAT noise. The one that usually precedes the, "Kirk here."

swoon.
~Frances