Waxing Poetic

Should I apologize in advance? Some of you will know that my first literary love was poetry, and of late the muses have been luring me back to dance. Mostly, we have a new poetry club on my fiber arts Hogwarts boards. . . I just never could pick between arts. (or fandoms)

Anyway, here's what I've been fiddling with when I'm NOT writing. (still, sob.)

Young Science


He holds the abacus 
Like a shield 
Against his over-dressed chest. 
His mother’s hands 
So proud, fixing the tie, fixing 
His fate.
Scorned, 
Tormented by his peers who mock 
Anything larger than themselves 
Who giggle and offend 
What they cannot 
Understand.
The thing that will save them 
Later 
When they need him 
When their lives 
Rely on his inventions 
When their diseases 
Their aches and arguments 
Can only be solved 
By the gentle ministrations 
Of everything that makes him
Stand out.

~Frances