The End of the Slime Trail

I'm feeling very "end of an era" today.

The first story I ever wrote and published independently was my Space Slugs web serial. Book one finished and went to print and e-book several years ago. Book two, Slug Opera, will be posting its last installment this week. I'm fairly certain there won't be a book three, or if there is, it will not begin as a web serial like its predecessors.





It's been a really fun ride. The crew of the Slug One were a hoot to hang out with, and I have no plans to stop anytime soon. The audio book of Space Slugs is in production, and I have a feeling it's going to be pretty awesome. But I have other books to write now, and that's a good thing...right?

I have other webserials to write as well.  Much Ado About Bluebottes is still chugging along on its own website, and now, The Earth Tigers, is in process at Jukepop serials. That one will also be airing as audio serial on the home site and my youtube channel. It's going to be a lot of fun as well.

So it's not like I'm in any danger of getting bored. :)

But I'm going to miss the slugs, not just the literal Space Slugs, but the metaphorical ones, the crew of the Slug One: Zora, Murray, Rook and Ignatius. Hell, I'm even going to miss Zander a little....maybe a lot.

For anyone who followed along with the story, thanks for sharing the journey. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and if you weren't with us from the beginning...there's still time to hop a swift shuttle to Zebezels for an Earth Burger and a lot of laughs.

See you in the stars,
~Frances