Techno-Babble

I've stumbled into it again. Something about my book-tech fascination, my obsessive curiosity and my ability to waste grotesque amounts of time just "farting around" on the internet keeps getting me into trouble.

In a good way.

I also tend to get excited about these fads about two days after they stop being cool...what can I say? Old people move a little slower.

Anyway, today I found out about cell phone novels. In Japan they're called Keitai Somthing or other. It means "cell phone" and something else that I can't remember.
See how trendy I am?
Basically, they are short, weird little text message novels that started with teenage girl gossip and snow-balled....really really snow-balled.

I'm hooked. Not on the teenagey part, but the idea really rocks. I already love the online serial process, reading/writing what have you. Now add in the mobile technology and SWOON!

I just had to shout that. I've been poking around textnovel.com all day. I found the huge--mongous Japanese site where all the gooey, japanese-teeny-romance lives and it's so pretty. (I can't read a word on there, but in my imagination, it's very, very cool.) It's my weekly tech obsession, and I'm going to enjoy it leisurely.

I also put my online serial up there. What the heck. I want to play too.
you can see it in text novel form at: http://www.textnovel.com/story/Space-Slugs/4186/
and even subscribe via text, but I warn you, the chapters are a bit long for that. I think I'll have to design a whole NEW onine serial specifically for that medium...if only I had more time......

processing...
~Frances