NaNo Of The Novella


I almost missed my annual NaNoWriMo posting. Not that there's any danger of a lack of blog posts about the event. The interwebs are practically bursting with the "to nano or not to nano" opinion articles that range from exposing NaNoWriMo as the event that single-handedly ruined the publishing universe to all out zealotry claiming the sport as the holy salvation of all literary pursuits.

I accept neither of those extremes, just so we're clear.

So...in the interest of brevity and to avoid redundancy, I'm not going to talk about the event exactly. I will say that, yes, I am participating again. I will say that, should you have little ones romping around your ankles, I highly recommend you direct them to the Young Writer's Program at http://ywp.nanowrimo.org as soon as possible.

I'll be doing something a little different this year. For the first time since 2007 I won't be writing a single novel in November. Instead, I'm tossing off a string of novellas and shorts set in some of my series' worlds. Hopefully, I'll get to most of them.

The tie-ins I'm definitely aiming for are:

A Dogs of War novella crossing over into the Corduroy County Coven series
A Shift Happens novella featuring the invisible Ian. And possibly a Christmas short set in the same universe.
A Kingdoms Gone short
and the Seelie/Unseelie story I've had in  mind for a Changeling Race novella forever and ever.

So...wish me luck.
And if you choose to take the NaNoWriMo month to task, I wish you the same.

Happy penning,
~Frances