On the Air Again

Podcasts rock. Podscasting is something I really take a shine to also. I don't have the skills or the speaking voice to actually DO it...yet, but I enjoy a few shows regularly as a listener. Talk radio works for me. It reminds me of the olden days, of radio plays causing mass, alien panic, of Orphan Annie decoder rings and Malt-o-meal. In short, I love it.

It also fits my schedule nicely. Any time I can get my daily dose of entertainment or industry news while cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry or making dinner, it's  a win-win for my to-do list. Because I don't have to stop, sit, and pay attention, podcasting fits into my day easily and still lets me have an adult conversation (even a one way conversation) at least once a day.

Because I'm a writer and we're pretty much obsessed with writing as a rule, I listen to industry podcasts like, The Funky Writer, Author to Author and The Writer's Toolbox. I think those are all on Blog Talk Radio, and there are more, I'm sure, that I'll discover over there eventually. The Marketing for Romance Writers group has started their own recently and I've caught the ones I could so far. Blog Talk Radio is a good site to check out if you want to produce a radio show too.

Maybe Someday.

In the meantime, I discovered a great new show through Screwpulp. (A publishing platform that is reader driven and still in the beta phase but worth checking out here.) The show is See Brian Write and has segments on news, author interviews, and technology and tools for writers. Brian has three full shows up so far and more to come and he is also accepting authors to be interviewed.

And of course, I jumped on that.

So I'll be talking more about it soon, of course. But in the meantime, hop on over here and take a listen if you like. I think it has the makings of  a great show, and the interviews up so far are very good!

Happy listening!
~Frances